May is mental health awareness month.
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a pen and paper
- Take a look at each of these areas of your life
- Daily Life (habits, routines, overall lifestyle)
- Physical Health & Wellness
- Mental Health (outlook on life, awareness, motivation)
- Emotional Health (self-love, understanding and working with your emotions)
- Spirituality (your connection and understanding of the world around you)
- Relationships (family, friends, partners)
- Home (environment, belongings, resources)
- Digital Space (social media, technology usage, digital files)
- Finances (understanding of, use of, and relationship with money)
- Community (connecting with and giving to your community)
- Contributions (career, responsibilities, projects)
- Growth (education, learning, exploration, self-improvement)
- Summarize Your Insights
Let’s work on this together. I have provided a workbook that will help complete your life audit. After you are done return here and share your findings. Let us know how this exercise has helped you and if you would like us to offer more products like this.
40 Ways To Practice Intentional Living
1. Just show up, every single day. From there, you can figure the rest out.
2. Stay connected to your core values. When your core values are at the heart of your actions, everything you do has purpose.
3. Use your core values to guide your decisions. This way you can respond to situations instead of react to them.
4. Prioritize the things that matter most (not the things you think should matter most).
5. Say no to things you don’t have time for. You can’t do it all and you shouldn’t try.
6. Say no to things that don’t add value to your life. You don’t need them.
7. Declutter your home, digital space, and to-do list.
8. Spend your money intentionally.
9. Take care of mind, body, and soul. Taking a holistic approach is essential.
10. Connect with yourself regularly. Self-discovery is necessary for knowing what you want and need.
11. Set intentions for everything you do.
12. Create habits that help you live out your intentions.
13. Create routines and rituals that make your habits easier.
14. Listen to the quiet voice of your soul. It’s easy for it to get drowned out by social norms, other people’s opinions, and your inner critic.
15. Simplify your life in order to make more room for the things that matter.
16. Take time to rest so that you can show up for life as the best version of yourself.
17. Create balance in the different areas of your life. This will help you feel balanced and whole.
18. Let go of limiting beliefs.
19. If you can’t let go of limiting beliefs, re-frame them.
20. Cultivate a positive mindset that inspires growth.
21. Express gratitude. It’s a direct path to happiness because it rewires your brain to focus on all of the positive things in your life.
22. Use mindfulness to stay fully present.
23. Spend your precious time purposefully.
24. Accept change because it is inevitable and unavoidable.
25. Keep your plans flexible and open to change.
26. Focus on the things you can control and let go of what you can’t control.
27. Make meaningful contributions to the world. Whether it’s through your work, serving your community, or influencing your family.
28. Cultivate and tend to relationships. They are some of the most important things you’ll ever have.
29. Connect with the world around you. This might be through spending time with nature or through your spirituality.
30. Be kind. It’s all the world really needs from you.
31. Let go of perfection, it’s an impossible standard.
32. Slow down. Remember that life is happening all around you and you need to slow down to deepen your experience.
33. Make conscious choices instead of habitual ones.
34. Don’t react based on your emotions. They are good indicators that something is wrong, but bad at driving your actions.
35. Make time to truly understand your emotions.
36. Forgive yourself and move forward. You can’t change the past but you can affect your future.
37. Reflect on your life and check-in with yourself regularly. This will help make sure you’re on the right path and allow you to course-correct if necessary.
38. Pursue growth. You don’t need to be in a constant state of growth, but you should continue growing and learning throughout your lifetime.
39. Take action.
40. Love yourself, you’re amazing.